Monday, October 27, 2014

80's French comps.

Besides the obvious Chaos En France comps, if you wanna hear mainly french oi and streetpunk check out these 80s comps:
Apocalypse Chaos, 77 KK comp, Chaos In Europe, the "Compilation" 7'" comp with disturb, kidnap etc., Skins De France vol. 1 and the great posthumous comp "Oi! the French Connection".

There are others that I have never found, international comps that are less French in content & comps that're mostly hardcore/punk, with few oi bands ("77 Records Présente..." comp, "1984: The First Sonic World War", "1984 The Second", "1984 The Third", "France Profonde" vol 1. & 2., "Paris Mix", etc.) and comps that are strictly right wing oi & rac. So get off the phone or computer and go to a fucking record store - you never know what kind of shit most people overlook that could be sitting there for dirt cheap.

French used to look and sound extremely fuckin stupid to me when I was in my younger, until my later teenage years when I had randomly found all of the Panic En France 7" series in different cities in a span of a few months. I bought one of them just cuz it had skins on it and there was a numbered series - Oi.C.D.? - probably a little. Then my friend borrowed me some band called Kidnap's discography cd and I thought, "holy shit this sounds great! too bad there aren't more bands like this" ... my point is before i knew what i was missing, who the fuck knows how many great records i had overlooked.

check the Compilations list on the right side (viewed as desktop) for some links.

No comments:

Post a Comment